CALL DIRECTLY FOR BOOKINGS 415-331-3791
Walk our boardwalk back in time with your colorful local resident and guide, Teri,
and learn about Sausalito’s:
“Other Side of Town”.
On this two hour walk through town, you’ll learn about Sausalito’s checkered past of gambling halls, bootleggers, brothels, the notorious ’60’s with its “sex, drugs & rock’n roll” and the community spirit which makes our town the elegant lady that she is today. Sausalito may be only a ferry boat or a short drive over the Golden Gate from San Francisco but it’s a relaxing world away. You’ll stroll down our historic district past the many waterfront shops and restaurants. Gaze at the many hillside homes which overlook our scenic bay. While in town visit our wonderful Sausalito Historical Society to learn more.
At the end of our tour we are happy to offer suggestions for restaurants, shopping and other activities that you may be interested in.
Daily Tours – Advance Reservation of 72 Hours Required
Private Groups & Corporate – Advance Reservations Required
Call Now 415-331-3791
Surprising Facts About Sausalito
- Did you know that Baby Face Nelson tended bar at a German Beer Garden, the Walhalla, during prohibition?
- Robin Williams was a busboy at a local restaurant, the Trident, which had local music and comedy with Bill Cosby and Lenny Bruce?
- Sally Stanford, a former brothel owner, was our mayor?
- Janis Joplin lived on Bridgeway, right in the middle of town?
- Films such as The Lady From Shanghai with Rita Hayworth and Orson Wells & Woody Allen’s Play it Again Sam were shot here?
- Jack London was inspired by Sausalito when he wrote his novel “Sea Wolf”?
- Sausalito was once bought for $440,000.00?
Walk back in time on Sausalito’s “other side of town”and learn more!
WHERE: Vina del Mar Plaza (elephants & fountain)
COST:$45.00 per person
Daily Tours: 72 Hours Advance Reservations Required
NOTE: There is a 2 person minimum
Groups & Corporate Advance Reservation Required
For Advance Reservations
Enjoyed Our Other Side of Town Tour?
Book Another Tour — NEW TOWN: WHERE the LOCALS LIVE
CALL NOW 415-331-3791